12.24.2010

Play Kitchen: Sanding

Sanding, and Sanding, and more sanding.  Whew!

I used paint stripper for one cabinet, but gave up on that and used elbow grease for the doors and the other cabinet.  I guess only time will tell which was the better choice.  I'll know if the paint chips off or scratches more easily which one to do next time. (Wait, next time??)

I sanded everything with our little power sander, mostly just enough to get the shiny varnish off.

One side of the shorter cabinet is going to be the oven, which means I need the door to hinge at the bottom on not on the side.  The hinges on these cabinets are really weird, so I had these big holes to fill on this side.  I used drywall mud we had leftover from our basement to fill them in.  When they were dry I sanded them flat.  It took a couple of coats, but I eventually got it. 




This also meant I needed to fill in the original handle holes on the door.  Easy!


Next up:  primer!

No comments:

Post a Comment